The benefits of selling your veterinary practice:
- Maximize gains and contribute to the sustainable success of your business
- Financial liquidity
- Reduction of workload
- Decreased management burden
- Increased focus on the practice of medicine
Are You Positioned for Veterinary Industry Changes?
The veterinary services industry will become more competitive for independent veterinarian owner operators. Well-operated practices will succeed – poorly operated practices will not. Relationships and treatment delivery will be highly important, and veterinary practices must be well-run businesses for veterinarians to sustainably continue provide high quality medicine to pets.
Strong Fundamentals Are Well Known:
Strong trends in the veterinary industry do create opportunities:
- Large universe of pet owners seeking quality veterinary care for pets
- Pet ownership is expected to grow
- Growing importance of pets in homes – Pets are considered family members
- High-quality, personalized veterinary care is in demand
Key Competitive Trends to Consider:
As an owner/operator, you have more options today than you will in the future. Industry challenges include:
- Decreasing visits-per-clinic
- A surplus of veterinarian students graduating into the workforce
- Pricing pressure for industry consolidators and powerful vendors
- Increased sophistication of business systems
- Increase need for pro-active marketing and engagement
These pressures could divert focus from treatment delivery if not skillfully managed.